Korean men often have a keen sense of fashion and grooming, and this extends to their hair. K-pop idols and Korean actors are known not just for their talents, but also for their style.
This is why South Korean male personalities are chosen by global brands to be their ambassador. They are known for their sleek and stylish haircuts, with many opting for a clean and polished look. Popular hairstyles for Korean men include the side-parted, slicked-back, and undercut styles.
They often use hair products such as pomades, waxes, and gels to style their hair and maintain the desired look. In addition to regular haircuts, Korean men may also color their hair, either to enhance their natural hair color or to try a new look. They also place a high emphasis on hair grooming and are known for their stylish and well-groomed hair.
Korean Men Grooming 101: Hair and Skin Care
Korean men place a high value on skincare and have a long-standing tradition of integrating elaborate skincare routines into their daily lives.
This focus on skincare, combined with genetics, a healthy diet, and comparatively low exposure to environmental pollutants, often results in clear and radiant skin.
Some common practices include double cleansing, exfoliating, using face masks, and applying skin-nourishing products such as serums and moisturizers.
Korean Men Hair Grooming
Some Korean men also follow grooming rituals such as regularly getting haircuts, using grooming products for their hair, and exfoliating their skin to keep it looking healthy.
Young men always prefer clean and polished cuts when talking about their hairstyles. Different kinds of perms are always an option following a hair trim. Korean barber shops and hair salons offer these treatments since it's popular with Korean male celebrities and idols.
Korean men like to take care of their hair by washing it regularly, styling it, and applying hair products such as gels, mousses, and pomades to maintain their desired look.
Some Korean men also visit hair salons for regular cuts and treatments. In terms of specific hairstyles, Korean men often opt for short, sharp cuts, with some also choosing longer, messier styles and perms.
Korean hair and skincare are known for their focus on healthy, moisturized hair, and many Korean men use a variety of hair and scalp treatments to achieve this goal.
DASHU YouTube channel offers knowledgeable content about Korean men and provides information about grooming routines, tips, men's makeup, and hairstyling techniques every man can do.
Korean Men Skin Care Routine
Korean men follow a multi-step skincare routine that typically includes the following steps:
- Cleansing: The first step is to cleanse the face, usually with a double cleansing routine that starts with an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup, followed by a water-based cleanser to clean the skin.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and unclog pores, which can lead to clearer, smoother skin.
- Toning: Toning helps to balance the skin's pH and prepare it for the next steps.
- Treating: This step involves applying treatments such as serums, essences, and ampoules, which are concentrated formulas that target specific skin concerns.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizing helps to hydrate and nourish the skin, keeping it looking healthy and radiant.
- Sun protection: Sun protection is an important part of any skincare routine, especially in Korea where the strong sun can cause significant damage to the skin.
Korean men often wash their hair every other day to keep it clean and healthy. They use gentle, sulfate-free shampoos to avoid stripping the hair of its natural oils.
Scalp care is a big part of the Korean hair routine. Scalp scrubs, treatments, and masks are used to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and promote healthy hair growth.
Korean men use hair serums and oils to add moisture and shine to their hair. They avoid using heat styling tools that can damage hair, and instead opt for air-drying or using cool temperatures.
Regular trims help keep hair healthy and prevent split ends. Korean men typically visit the salon every 4-6 weeks for a trim.
A healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals is important for healthy hair. Korean men often focus on eating foods that are high in biotin, iron, and vitamins A, C, and E to promote healthy hair growth.
Korean men avoid using harsh chemicals, such as bleach, that can damage the hair and scalp. Instead, they opt for more gentle and natural methods of coloring their hair, such as using semi-permanent or temporary hair dyes.
Korean Men’s Essential Hair Products
Aside from regular shampoo and conditioner, Korean men also carry a handy hair spray to hold their hair throughout the day. A hair care trend to try is scalp massagers and hair serums that will trigger hair growth and nourishment.
It is important to note that while Korean men may have a particular grooming routine, it is not a one-size-fits-all approach and individuals may have different routines based on their skin type, concerns, and preferences.
Know more about Korean culture, styles, K-pop, Kdrama and other Korean content here at Seoulbox. Don’t forget to order a Seoulbox, to taste the authentic Korean snacks that will give you the glimpse of “The Land of Morning Calm.”
- In addition to these steps, many Korean men also regularly use face masks, as well as other skin-nourishing products such as eye creams and spot treatments.
- Drinking beauty or natural supplements is another way to step up the game. Supplements in Korea usually hold vitamins and minerals that boost immunity protection as well as restore the body away from free radicals.
- Not to mention whitening agents, collagen production boosting and other beneficial effects to unleash glowing and youthful skin.