However, today, we're going to share with you a very famous recipe of Korean banana milk and its variation, which is easy to make and as delicious as you witness in various K-Drams and, of course, Jung Kook's hand 😉
Indeed, Korean banana milk is something essential since early childhood. Even half of Korean who lives in other countries used to drink it for the break.
It's pretty easy to make, and it'll take less than 5 minutes.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE KOREAN BANANA MILK
- 1 ripe banana, sliced or broken into pieces
- 125mL of regular milk
- 125mL of water
- 15 mL of maple syrup
- A small drop of pure vanilla extract
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Ripe your banana and put it in your blender
- Pour the milk and the water into the blender
- Blend everything
- Add the maple syrup and the drop of vanilla
- Blend everything again
- Taste and make adjustments if needed
- The Korean Banana Milk is ready when it has milk consistency.
This recipe is to serve immediately.
INGREDIENTS VARIATION TIPS
1. Dairy-Free Korean Banana Milk
For different reasons, you might want to get milk instead. You have other ways to go dairy-free.
- Replace the milk with water
- Use almond milk/coconut milk or any other vegetal milk you like
The taste is pretty different, and according to your preferences, you might not like it. The best one might be coconut milk as banana and coconut are usually well working together.
2. Korean Banana Milk to Korean Banana Smoothie
If you want to try the smoothie version, you only have to replace the water amount with the milk amount. That way, it will be a lot thicker, which is perfect for a smoothie. Then you will have to add a couple of slices of banana to make it more pretty and perfect for Instagram.
3. How to replace the maple syrup in the Korean Banana Milk
The maple syrup gives a taste that is more like actual banana milk. However, if you don't like it that way or can't use some for any reason, you can try it with honey, as it is also sweet. However, the maple syrup gives a smoother texter and a lighter and sweeter flavor than honey. If you want to go with some honey, it might be good to drop by drop to see what's the perfect amount, as you might need less than 1 tbsp/15mL.
YouTube and the Korean Banana Milk
All over the internet, on YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok, you will be able to find thousands and thousands of recipes. Here's a Korean video we tried and liked!
Now, next time you watch a K-Drama, you will be able to think of us and make our favorite recipe of Korean banana milk!
We hope you will enjoy it! If any have other variations, please share them with us; we will be more than happy to try them.
Author - Camille