This galaxy lemonade tastes just as good as it looks. Unlike many colourful drinks that add artificial food colouring, this all-natural recipe uses butterfly pea flowers to achieve a beautiful blue-purple gradient.
While it may look as if a lot of work is required to recreate this drink, it is actually fairly simple to do so. All you need to do is follow 8 simple steps to pull this off.
INGREDIENTS FOR GALAXY LEMONADE
- 10g of butterfly pea flowers
- 600ml of water
- 4 lemons
- 30g of sugar
- 1 bottle of lemon sparkling water
- Heat 600ml of water and 10g of butterfly pea flowers over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat once boiled and set the blue liquid aside to cool.
- After the liquid has cooled down, pour it into an ice tray and place it into the freezer.
- Cut 4 lemons into halves and squeeze out the juice.
- Pass the juice through a strainer to remove any pulp and mix in 30g of sugar. Chill it in the refrigerator.
- Pour the chilled lemon juice into a glass.
- Crush a small amount of ice in a blender and put it into the glass.
- Remove the butterfly pea ice cubes from the fridge and blend it as well. Add it on top of the normal shaved ice.
- Lastly, pour lemon sparkling water into the glass till it’s almost full. You’ll notice a gradient effect taking shape.
Author l Sharon